Tax Return Preparation
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $60,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Vietnamese-American Services is a partnering VITA program preparing tax returns by appointments only between Mid-February until April 15. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment please email email@example.com.
If you would like more information on the VITA program please visit the IRS website via this link.
What Should I Bring?
Once you Schedule an appointment with us, please bring the following with you:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID
- Original Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Notice (ITIN) for EVERYONE in your family
- Last Year’s Tax return (if available)
- All W2 forms, forms 1098-T, 1099-MISC, 1099-K, and other documents regarding income
- If filing jointly, your spouse must be present. If filing separately, you must bring your spouse’s Social security number and name just like spelled on social security card
- Statement of annual child care expenses prepared by the provider, with their tax ID (social security or EIN number)
- Health Insurance information from your employer, the marketplace (ACA), Medicaid or Medicare, and form 1095-A, B, or C
- For Direct Deposit: proof of a bank account, including routing numbers.
There are some situation that are outside of our scope of filing. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information